To raise more funds for my marathon effort l've decided to do a bowie themed supper club in our little house in Leytonstone. This will be taking place on evening of the 16th April.
Minimum suggested donation is £30
A-Ha i thought, this is too perfect, so our next supper club is Nordic themed and will involve food inspired by those regions, followed by a screening of the film An Island.
On the 26th February, at 5 in the afternoon we would love to have guests arrive and sit down to the following menu:
Amuse Bouche: Buckwheat blini platter
Starter: Borscht w/ horse radish cream
Main: Beer, orange and spiced braised short ribs w/ walnut dumplings
Dessert: Cherry Strudle w/ fennel ice cream
This will be followed by a screening of An Island, accompanied by some interesting flavoured popcorn! Going to at least try to get something bacon-flavoured working. For more information about the film click here.
This is what's being said about it too:
"An Island is more than just a band documentary; it’s a love letter to family, roots, small-town life and the social/communal power of music to unify people … a mesmerizing 50 minutes … it’s universal and great viewing even if you’ve never heard of Efterklang"
A last bit of news too, l'm sad to report that this supper club will be the last one we hold in this guise. I'm moving to a smaller flat, so will have to assess the logistics of continuing it there...but for now, Toob is on hold. I will be continuing at least to cook, eat and blog about it though.
To book simply email me here and let me know how many will be in your group. I'll email you back with availability. Farvel.
UPDATE! Trailofourbread supper club is closing soon, but intend to get up and running in another guise shortly. Click here to find out why and to see if you can help.
To book or make an enquiry email us at email@example.com
- Email us your name(s) and contact details
- Please check the menu before booking, this will be blogged right here a few weeks before the event. While we try our best to cater for allergies and vegetarians, some months it may be tricky! We do plan a vegetarian themed night : )
- BYO wine and drinks, we do not charge corkage, or mind people getting tipsy!
- There is a suggested minimum donation of £20 per person.
- We send details of address and times etc nearer the time, normally on the week of your attendance
CANCELLATIONS - They hurt so please be as kind as you can. If it's looking like you absolutely have to cancel please give at least 48 hours notice.